Recipe - Traditional White Bread
500g Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour or
500g Doves Farm Organic White Spelt Flour
1 tsp Quick Yeast
1 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp = 1 teaspoon茶匙
1 tbsp = 1 tablespoon湯匙
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, quick yeast and sugar.
2. Carefully measure the water and roughly mix it into the flour.
3. While the dough is still lumpy add the oil and knead well until it feels smooth and pliable.
4. Leave the dough in a bowl covered with a tea towel, in a draught free place, for the dough to double in size (This should take about an hour). To make a quick bread omit this stage and proceed straight to step 6.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead the dough firmly for several minutes.
6. Shape the dough and put it into an oiled 1kg / 2lb bread tin or place it on an oiled baking sheet.
7. Cover & leave dough to rise for about 25 minutes in a warm place.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 35/40 minutes.
Temperature & cooking time:
220°C/Fan200°C/425°F/Gas 7 for 35/40 minutes
Without Dairy, Without Nuts, Without Soya, Vegan, Vegetarian, Organic.
- CS Asiaboxx